Skip to main content

Mom, This is what I am- Help Me!


Mom, This is what I am- Help Me!



This is one experience I had come to feel and it still stays at the back of my head.
I am a mother, but God’ grace I have never a lot of problems with my kids, or even other kids who belong to our same family.

Boys are boys and Girls are girls!

The story I would like to share dates back to a long time ago. At that time, I was working at a hospital as a volunteer. The job was really nice. It changed the way I looked at people, life, and even bodies.
Oh, don’t get any wrong ideas about my last thoughts. But it is true!

There was a time, I felt that if a child is born as a boy- then they turn to grow as a smart lad and then into a handsome guy. The same goes with a girl child.

So, once a couple is expecting a child, they go in for medical gender predictions and also the very famous Chinese gender predictor.


Frankly, I feel that sometimes medical tests can fail, but I came across this one special CHINESE GENDER PREDICTOR.

I first tried on my elder cousins, aunts, and even my brother’s wife. The result was true, except I don’t think it would say whether we would get twins.

When it was my turn to go ahead with the preggie stage- I completely relied on the same predictor and we were truly happy! Sure, we never had any specifics as to get a baby boy or baby girl, but curiosity – is just a part of my life!

Five Years Back

Now, those kept aside, this dates back to about five years back. During my volunteer day, I had come across an old lady who was admitted in the cancer ward. She was serious and most often- her bystander happened to be a lady. 

After a few talks, I began talking to her bystander – which happened to her daughter. She was a frail lady, tired from the traveling, handling the stress of the cancer treatment of her mother and all the more- she has a sad but sweet face.

With this lady, there was a small boy- her son. A boy of about 8 years old. Sweet chap, though very quite, reserved. He was Mark.


The World Through Mark’s Eyes

Something that struck my attention about him was that:

He was quiet and always has a doll to hug onto wherever he went- quite unusual for a boy (I thought).

He had a drawing book, which was filled with pretty flowers. I mean I have seen other boys of his age trying to draw balls, hills, animals and so on. 

Flowers was a segment left be imagined and beautified by girls.

Last, there were days I used to wear a light blue dress that was faintly specked with pink flowers stitched onto it. He loved them! He used to come and feel it with his gentle hands. Yeah, he was very, extremely gentle for a boy!


I liked him a lot. Not at all a troublemaker and the perfect companion for a lady who is sick and weak.

One day, I asked his mom, Mark is such a good boy. How did you teach him to be so very gentle?’

She smiled and replied, ‘He is a rare piece and you won’t find such kids always. I never taught him to be gentle- but it is within him to be like this’.

He believes he is a girl.


Mark becomes Martha

I asked her, ‘It could be just a feeling, right?’

She nodded her head with a ‘No’ and continued, ‘I and my husband never felt so, but his mannerisms, talks, hobbies and most of all – his insistence proved that we were wrong’.

‘We, as a couple had a lot of discussions, fights, shed tears; but realized were not the solutions. We set new mature couple goals- and now each other better.

Coz we knew it was for the good of our Mark’

Oh, by the way- she told me how they began to love each other better. Here it is!
Take a look, for it is very cute to read!

By the time, he was 3 years old, he behaved like a girl. Loved to get dressed in small dresses. Never let his mom cut his hair and in class- he was with he girls.

So, when he was 5 years old- his parents left him to choose a path he feels confident in. Like Mark was baptized and got a new identity. He was no longer Mark, but Martha.

When I saw Martha at the hospital, she was 8 years old.

Why so?

I heard the story from Mark’s mother and I felt sad for her. Also, I felt happy to meet a parent who had the mental freedom to choose his (sorry!, not his but her life. It was indeed a sweet act!

I wondered why this sort of gender change happens.
Not sure, as I still haven’t got an answer to this.

There she is

You must be wondering, why I am busy recollecting a small incident that happened so many years before.

Coz two days back, I met lovely Martha at a wedding party in her hometown. Today, she is a big, cheerful beautiful girl.

At the wedding, I never recognized her- but this young beauty came running me, held my hand and asked me, ‘Remember me?’

I was a bit embarrassed and stood thinking. She giggled again and replied, 

‘I am lil Mark who became Martha- the one who admired your dresses and the one whom you gifted a lovely makeup kit I love it and that’s why I remember you so well. It is best gift I got from this world apart from what my parents have given me.
Today I am 13 years, and love the life that my parents happily offered me.'


I gave her a small kiss on her forehead and wished her all the best.

She waved and ran off. I stood smiling as she faded into the happy wedding crowd.

Not sure, how she will look when she is an adult, but yes, I hope her good health and happiness always.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National or International: Do Children ought to know the daily news?

National or International: Do Children ought to know the daily news? We have all sorts of technology today. The young generation is indeed flooded (or maybe over flooded) with such technology  Kids of this age do use this a lot, but how far is it actually 'good'? If you understand what that means, you are a great observer! Now, back to my point- How many of our children are actually aware of the world around them? You see, apart from good food, parties, Iphones, and videos and mobile games, there is grey area in this world- that does not look very pleasant.    A world of hardship, a struggle for existence, success, career, diseases and so much more.  Kids ought to know.... If you do not make them aware, they will be lost and less equipped for the competitive future that lies ahead of them. Mama, what this? Not my boy, but I had an Indian family staying near our house about 5 years back. Their child was only 12 years, but he made it a

Can someone suggest how to calm down a child with tantrums?

Can someone suggest how to calm down a child with tantrums? Tantrums, is a phase of toddler life that we all have to confront, face and cope up with. So, do you have a solution for this? I NEED THAT!!!! (this is tantrum zone, and this is all he says when he gets fussy) The time when you little baby is born is one of the most exciting moment of your life. Especially when you are a first time mom, the moment of realization that you actually carried a baby in your womb for nine months. I really don’t know- it is beyond words. The baby is so fragile, so dainty, so delicate and to top it all- so lovably adorable. I am not saying this because it happened to be my lil bundle of joy, but any new born is just too adorable. I mean you could stand and admire their toes, finger nails, their facial expressions, the way they go to sleep, smile and my list could go on. My confession: Till the baby is a bout 6- 9 months old, that cutie pie is surely a bundle of joy. Now